Tuesday, July 31, 2012

All Star Crochet Blanket


When I saw a picture of this block from the All Star Crochet Blanket on Pinterest, I wanted to make it. I had never seen anything like it. I have a good friend who's birthday is in July, and she happens to love the 4th of July Holiday. I decided this would be a great gift to make for her. It wasn't hard, but it did take time. It took me about 2-3 months to complete (I've forgotten exactly). The pattern gave instructions for how to crochet and join as you go, but for the life of me I couldn't figure that part out. So, I completed all the blocks then joined them. Blocking the blanket after it was all put together made a HUGE difference.  It turned out great, and my friend loved it! The pattern is found in the book Crocheted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make & Give. I found it in our library.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hello. Just found to your blog. Im looking for turtorial for all star blanket so I found your page.

I love your font, what are you using?

/Maria

Carrie said...

Maria,

Thanks for the comment. The font I'm using is called Indie Flower. Once the kids are back in school I'll have a chance to add more projects to my blog. I hope you'll visit again!